Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Round Up

The Numbers:
Total Books Read This Year: 7
Total Books Read This Month: 7
  • Library Books: 7
  • TBR Pile Books: 0
  • Fiction: 5
  • NonFiction: 2

Standouts:

I really enjoyed Geraldine Brooks' March, I so rarely read historical fiction and this was a refreshing book despite the very sad and violent themes!

God's Secretaries by Adam Nicolson was also a great surprise, it reminded me of how much I enjoy non-fiction, especially history!

Pleasant Surprise:

Watchstar by Pamela Sargent, a seemingly tacky sci-fi YA book that I picked up in the free pile at the library...quite enjoyable! I admit, it reminds me somewhat of Tanith Lee.

Take-It-Or-Leave-It:

I probably could have lived without The Woman in the Dunes by Kobo Abe. It wasn't nearly as surreal as I had hoped, but too bizarre for me to otherwise enjoy. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment